Overview. Medflow, Inc., its subsidiaries and its affiliates (“Medflow”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of its users. Medflow’s goal is to provide you with a personalized Internet experience that delivers the information, resources and services that are most relevant and helpful to you. In order to achieve this goal, Medflow sometimes collects information during your visits to understand what differentiates you from other users of medflow.com. Medflow operates under the following set of strict privacy principles:
- The only information Medflow obtains about individual users to its Web site is that supplied voluntarily by users and as set forth below.
- In cases when Medflow may need personal information to provide users with customized content or to inform them about new features or services, users are explicitly asked for that information. o Personally identifiable information provided by users (name, e-mail or home address, etc.) will not be disclosed to anyone unless users indicate that Medflow may do so, or unless required by law, in conjunction with a government inquiry, or in litigation or dispute resolution.
- Only statistical information about medflow.com users as a group (usage habits, demographics) may be shared with any affiliate, subsidiary, sponsor, advertiser or partner of Medflow, unless an appropriate confidentiality agreement is in place. Medflow employs strict security measures to safeguard online transactions. All personal information is stored in a secured database.
The following discloses Medflow’s information gathering and dissemination practices for medflow.com. Additional terms and conditions, if any, regarding the collection and use of your information may also be provided to you before you sign up for a particular service. Here you will learn what personally identifiable information of yours is collected, how and when Medflow might use your information, how Medflow protects your information, who has access to your information, and how you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
- What Information is collected?
Medflow collects certain information from its users in three ways:
(a) from Medflow Web server logs,
(b) with cookies and
(c) directly from the user.
- Registration (User-Supplied Information). medflow.com site registration systems require users to give Medflow contact information such as their name and e-mail address, and demographic information such as a ZIP code. The user’s contact information is used to contact the user when necessary. Users may choose (opt-in) to receive future mailings; see the choice/opt-in section below. Medflow uses this data to tailor the user’s experience at medflow.com, showing the user content that reflects their stated preferences. This information may be shared with affiliates, subsidiaries, sponsors, advertisers or partners on an aggregate basis, but personally identifiable information will not be disclosed without the user’s prior consent.
- E-Commerce. Some medflow.com web site features may use applications to collect data to facilitate an e-commerce transaction. Medflow will ask your explicit permission to transfer this data to a third party to facilitate this transaction. Medflow may store this information to verify the transaction for customer service and accounting reasons and may use this information to help personalize your experience on medflow.com. Medflow may also share this information with other third parties on an aggregate basis, but it does not indicate the identity of individual users. See the External Links section above for additional disclaimers regarding third- party Web sites.
- External Links. In order to provide users with greater value, Medflow may provide links to various third party Web sites. However, even if a third-party affiliation exists between Medflow and that destination site, Medflow exercises no authority over linked sites, each of which maintains independent privacy and data collection policies and procedures. Medflow assumes no responsibility or liability for these independent methods or actions and is not responsible for the independent policies or procedures of destination sites. Similarly, Medflow cannot take responsibility for the privacy initiatives or the content of such Web sites. These destination links are provided only for your convenience, and as such, you access them at your own risk. However, Medflow wishes to ensure the integrity of the Medflow Web site and its destination links, so any comments pertaining to medflow.com or any sites accessed through Medflow links are greatly appreciated. See the Contacting this Web Site section below.
- Surveys and Questionnaires. medflow.com online surveys and questionnaires may ask users for contact, demographic and other information. The user’s contact information is used to contact the user when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-in section below. Demographic and profile data is also collected at medflow.com. This information may be shared with affiliates, subsidiaries, sponsors, advertisers or partners on an aggregate basis, but it does not indicate the identity of individual users.
- Security. medflow.com has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under Medflow’s control. Medflow employs strict security measures to safeguard online transactions. All personal information is stored in a secured database.